Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

STD's review of Chef Paul's

Location: Chef Paul’s

Date: 8/4/10

Time: 11:30 to 1:00

Attendees: Rage, Deuce, Pete, Lissa, Jessica, Papa Rugsby, Chip

Price: Varied between $8 to $10 with water and a $1 tip


Rage: So, this place might not be at the top of everyone’s ‘Let’s go there’ list. Hell most people have not heard of this place. Well, all of you are missing out! This place is located off of Mallory in the same building as the Cheeseburger Charlie’s and Blue Coast Burrito. One might think from the prices we gave above that it is not worth it, but trust us it is. Well, I can only speak of the burgers there. I honestly have not eaten any other type foods there. They look great from afar.


Double Deuce: Agreed, this place was a great find. I was unsure what to expect when I first saw the place – heck even when you say the name of it real fast “Chef Paul’s, Chef Paul’s, Chef Paul’s”, it kind of sounds like “Chef Balls”, which isn’t very appetizing. Yet I was pleasantly surprised, by the food of course.


Hefty Pete: I love eating at Chef Ball’s. Only the burgers though, the other stuff seems like it might be a ripoff. Like the catfish lunch. $7 for 2 sides and ONE piece of catfish. That’s right ONE piece of fish. How about instead, you take my wallet and punch me in my chef balls. Seems like a similar deal.


Rage: Oh, oh I am up for that giving that special to you as well.


Double Deuce: Did anyone else find Chef Balls really awkward when he was trying to count our party and find us a seat?


Hefty Pete: I don’t think Chef Ball knows how to count. His burger cooking is well done (damn straight it’s a pun), but his counting not so much.


Rage: These burgers are incredible. I almost always get the pimento cheeseburger. It might sound odd, but it is a must try! They put bacon on it as well, which is just a perk to a great burger! Don’t worry about the size of it either. Chef Paul himself made a bet with Papa Rugsby and Lissa that they would not be able to finish their burgers… and he won.


Hefty Pete: Yea, but Papa Rugsby isn’t 250lbs of beefcake like I am. I ate what was left of her burger after devouring my own pimento cheese burger……I also ate some food off of the table next to us when they went to the bathroom.


Double Deuce: I’m going to go ahead and say it fellas, just to put it out there – “The best burger in the Franklin/Cool Springs area”. Maybe Some day they will have a plaque on their wall that says “Voted Best Burger by Double Deuce”. Once again, sounds appetizing.


Hefty Pete: I don’t know, Deuce Face. It’s a damn good burger, but not the best. I’d say on par with a 5 guys triple with cheese. But a little bit below the 5 guys quad with cheese.


Rage: I too am a little leery to say something like that, but I will point out that your mom is the “The largest mother in the Nashville area”.


Rage: Speaking of Chef Paul. Isn’t there some history with him and you guys, Pete and Deuce? Do tell.


Double Deuce: Yes, me, Hefty, and Chef Balls go way back. We met him at his former restaurant in Maryland Farms. Can’t remember the name of the place, but it should have been called “comeback sauce” cause that is all Chef Balls could talk about. Hefty loves the comeback sauce so much that he moisturizes his face with it every night.


Hefty Pete: It’s kind of on the corner of Franklin and Church Street. Used to be a Chinese Restaurant I think. I’ll never get the taste of the Comeback sauce out of my mouth. Good or Bad? You decide.


Rage: I think the comeback sauce is basically a southwestern ranch just in case anyone was wondering.


Rage: The wait staff was awesome too. Our waitress asked about dessert and since it was my birthday I decided I wanted something. Lissa mentioned it was my birthday to her and pointed back at me and said ‘that Goober’. She replied with ‘Which one?’ pointing back at me and Deuce. Haha… whatever.


Double Deuce: Uhm, you don’t want to know what they put in that ‘free’ cake. I think it has something to do with comeback sauce.


Hefty Pete: I pooped in the cake. Not really though. But seriously, I pooped in the cake.


Rage: Is that what that taste was? No, I know what poop tastes like… wait a minute, nevermind… I gotta go.


Double Deuce: Overall, this place is definitely one to revisit. Not every day, like Hefty’s mom would, but every few weeks or so. Chef Balls is somewhat of an awkward fellow, but he sure does know how to make a good burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment